£18,445.98 - £20,091.95
Location: Tollcross International Swimming Centre, G32 7QP and Scotstoun Leisure Centre.
Glasgow Life is the charity providing the support, inspiration and opportunity for Glasgow’s citizens to access the services that matter most to them. Working across museums, the arts, music, sport, world-class events, festivals, libraries, community facilities, and physical activity, learning and heritage programmes; the scale and reach of our activity makes a real and positive impact on the lives of Glasgow’s residents and creates unforgettable experiences for our visitors.
We are recruiting a Sport & Physical Activity Coach (Swimming), to join our 3,000 strong team of dedicated staff and volunteers. The Sport and Physical Activity Coach (Swimming) will work within Glasgow Life, providing participation and development opportunities across our swimming programme at the City of Glasgow Swim Team.
Glasgow Sport is recruiting highly skilled and motivated swimming coaches to support the development of the City of Glasgow Swim Team. The swimming coaches are integral to ensuring the Swim Team is a success and are key to the day-to-day delivery of a safe, fun, educational, progressive and challenging coaching environment.
We are looking for staff who are:
- Highly motivated
- Enthusiastic and energetic
- Easily able to engage with children, teenagers and adults
- Have a sound knowledge of competitive swimming
- Understand learn to swim programmes and the swimming pathway
- Able to work as part of a team
- Willing to develop new skills
- IT literate
- Dependable and punctual
- Capable of manual work in a swimming pool environment including the movement of equipment and safe supervision of groups of swimmers.
To be successful in this role you will have the following skills and experience:
- UKCC Level 1 Coaching or Teaching Aquatics or equivalent.
- Experience of assistant or voluntary coaching work within a competitive swimming club.
- Ability to undertake physical manual work in a swimming pool environment including the movement of equipment.
- Capability and willingness to complete NRASTC course.
- You will be a highly motivated, energetic, professional and innovative person who recognises the value of being dependable and punctual.
- You will have strong communication skills with a flexible approach to coaching work and knowledge of coaching within a club programme.
- You will be able to easily engage with children, teenagers and adults in a sporting context and be able to work effectively as part of a wider coaching team.
- You will be literate in day-to-day IT skills.
We believe in the transformational power of the services we provide for the citizens and visitors of Glasgow, and if you want to be a part of it, we’d love to hear from you.
In return we can offer a generous holiday allowance of 29 days (rising to 34 days after 5 years), plus 6.5 public holidays. You will also be eligible to join the Strathclyde pension fund, one of the largest local authority pension providers in the UK. Additional staff benefits include staff discounts, annual leave purchase scheme, flexible retirement and family friendly policies.
At Glasgow Life we value diversity and inclusion. We are particularly interested in receiving applications from BAME groups who are currently under represented in our organisation.
At the end of the temporary period, eligible employees will have a right to return to a role of their substantive grade within the council family as a minimum. Employees are required to inform their current manager prior to submitting an application.
Membership of the Protection of Vulnerable Groups Scheme will be essential on taking up appointment. Please note successful candidates for the above position will be required to pay for their PVG Membership/or Scheme Checks.
This post is temporary for a period up to 2 years.
Closing date is 11.59pm on Sunday 1 November 2020