Payment: This is a volunteer position and is unpaid.
Commitment: Regular meetings with Chair, Governance Director & Communications Director.
Communications Director, meetings with volunteer workforce, attendance at AGMs.
Expenses: Expenses will be reimbursed per the Lacrosse Scotland Expense policy.
Appointment process: A cover letter and CV must be sent to email@example.com by 18th July, all applications will be reviewed after this date and successful applicants will be invited to an interview.
Lacrosse Scotland is the National Governing Body of lacrosse in Scotland. Lacrosse is a relatively small sport in terms of player and club base, yet amongst those who play and follow the sport, passion and commitment is extremely high. In 2021, the International Olympic Committee gave full recognition status for lacrosse, which means that lacrosse might be played at the Los Angeles Games in 2028.
A new position in our organisation, reporting to the Chair of the Board, the People Director will be responsible for the development and implementation of our Volunteer Workforce Development.
- Together with the other Directors deliver the Lacrosse Scotland Strategic Plan 2020-2024
- Own the recruitment process, ensuring clarity of Job Description and an appropriate recruitment process based on skills and level
- Devising strategies for performance evaluation, staffing, training and development, and skills assessment
- Together with the Governance lead, implement the safeguarding process and uphold standards
- Responsible for identifying needs of the volunteer workforce and, together with subject matter experts, deliver suitable CPD
- Be the point of contact for volunteer relations
- Monitor adherence to internal policies and legal standards
- Deal with grievances and violations invoking disciplinary action when required
- Experience defining and implementing HR policies and processes
- Experience in managing and leading volunteers
- Excellent verbal and written communications skills
- Team player with leadership ability
- Ability to implement alternative solutions to satisfy different needs across the organisation
- Good interpersonal skills