Grade: UE05 [£23,067-£26,715], with 15% flexible working allowance
University Sport & Exercise, Corporate Services Group
Full-time, open ended
35 Hours per week
This hugely exciting full-time coaching position will lead and/or support technical coaching of the University’s Performance Women’s Basketball Squads, including involvement with semi-professional Caledonia Pride franchise that competes in the Women’s British Basketball League courtesy of a partnership with Basketball Scotland.
Your skills and attributes for success:
- Applicants should be qualified to UKCC Level 2 (or equivalent);
- Have at least 2 years demonstrable experience coaching women/girls in a performance/professional basketball setting;
- Be able to plan and deliver innovative and challenging sessions (daily / weekly / monthly) to achieve optimal basketball performance at individual and team level;
- Ability to collaborate pro-actively with multi-disciplinary support services to ensure optimal performance, as well as linking with local/national agencies on player recruitment, development and welfare;
- Work flexibly under minimal supervision;
- Plan/prioritise well with ambition to play a leading role in a high performance and winning basketball environment within one of the UK’s most highly respected, successful and impressive sporting universities.