Organisation: Milngavie & Bearsden ASC
Locations: Milngavie & Glasgow
Job Type: Full-Time (negotiable), Self Employed
Hours: 35 hours per week
Salary: c£27k dependent on experience (inclusive of expenses)
Closing Date: Friday 1st December 2023
M&B have an exciting opportunity for an enthusiastic coach to join our experienced team as our brand new Assistant Head Coach.
Our Head Coach has a primary focus to take our performance swimmers to the next level, meaning that you will have the opportunity to take ownership of tasks that might normally be the preserve of a Head Coach. This makes this the perfect role for someone looking towards a Head Coach role in the future.
You will be tasked with developing a cohesive overview of all swimmers in the club and to work alongside our current coaching team to build a programme that consistently develops swimmers across all levels.
You will also be responsible for instilling the club culture to provide a positive experience for all and a space where swimmers can chase their potential.
Responsibilities include planning and delivering pool sessions, overseeing club entry trials, coordinating squad moves, liaising with parents and managing communications across the club.
The club is currently running around capacity and demand for further places is strong and you will have the opportunity to input to long term strategies to increase the capacity of the club.
The successful candidate would also be expected to have exposure to the Learn to Swim activities that run alongside that of the competitive club. This is a well established swim school operating out of Cleveden Secondary with a role of around 400 participants.
Main functions and duties
- Provide the link across all levels of the club and work with the Head Coach and individual squad coaches
- Provide quality coaching to the ability of all swimmers
- Co-ordinate squad moves with input from all coaches
- Arrange meetings with parents as squads or individuals
- Overseeing club entry trials
- Organising club championships
- Attend meets as required
- Manage the administration of the club on TeamUnify (with volunteer support)
· Report to and work with the Executive Committee to ensure a well run club
Skills / attributes
- Experience of motivating and coaching swimmers to achieve their full potential
- Excellent communication skills with the ability to engage with a wide range of stakeholders
- Flexibility – time and skills
- Efficient and effective time management
- Show an appropriate level of technical knowledge
- Focused on continuous improvement and self-development
- PVG Scheme Membership
- Member of Scottish Swimming
- Sign and adhere to the Coach’s Code of Conduct
- Scottish Swimming UKCC Level 2/SSCQ (minimum) or equivalent
- Child Wellbeing & Protection in Sport (renewable every 3 years)
There will be a requirement to work flexible hours which will include early morning, evening and weekend training sessions as well as competitions and relevant meetings at local, district, or national level as deemed appropriate
Further information and Application Process
If you have any further questions or would like an informal discussion, please contact Colin Calder at firstname.lastname@example.org or on 07807 861 388
Initial terms will be for 6 months but with a view to extending that if successful.
Applicants should send a CV along with a covering letter addressing how their skills and expertise fit with the Job Description and Person Specification.
Applications should be returned by email to email@example.com by 5pm on Friday 1st December 2023.