Potatoes are a great source of carbohydrate and are completely delicious in this satisfying and healthy recipe!
Preparation time: 5 minutes
Cooking time: 30 minutes
Serves: 12-16 patties
- Potatoes (peeled and roughly chopped) - 1kg
- Canned tuna (drained) - 425g tin
- Frozen pea, corn and carrot mix (thawed) - 2 cups
- Red onion (thinly sliced) - 1
- Eggs - 1
- Breadcrumbs - ½ cup
- Olive oil - to cook
- Salt and pepper - to taste
- Place potatoes in a saucepan and cover with cold water. Bring to the boil over a high heat. Boil for 15 minutes, or until tender. Drain and transfer to a large bowl, roughly mash and allow to cool.
- Add tuna, vegetable mix and onion and egg to potatoes. Season with salt and pepper. Mix well. Use ⅓ mixture at a time to shape into patties and coat each pattie with breadcrumbs. (*See storage to freeze at this stage)
- To cook, heat 1 tablespoon oil in a large frying pan over a medium heat. Cook patties in batches depending on pan size, 3 minutes each side until golden. Once cooked, transfer to a plate lined with a paper towel. Allow to cool slightly before serving.
Storage: Once cooled completely, store in an airtight container in the fridge for up to 2 days or freeze*
*If freezing, wrap individually in plastic wrap and freeze in an air tight container for up to 3 months. Thaw in fridge overnight before cooking.