Chickpeas provide a great source of dietary fibre. Give this recipe a try for a simple and delicious way to add chickpeas into your diet.
Preparation time: 10 minutes
Cooking time: 60 minutes
Serves: 4 portions
- Potatoes | 500g
- Red peppers | 2 large
- Carrots | 2 large
- Courgette | 1 medium
- Red onion | 1 medium
- Salt | ½ teaspoon
- Cracked pepper | ½ teaspoon
- Cumin powder | 1 teaspoon
- Olive oil | 1 tablespoon
- Chickpeas | 1-2 cans, drained
- Tomato passata | 400g
- Preheat oven to 200C
- Roughly chop the vegetables into 2-3cm chunks. Place in a large roasting dish and add olive oil, salt, pepper and cumin. Mix until vegetables are well coated. Keep vegetables in a single layer in the dish as much as possible
- Roast for 45 minutes, tossing once or twice (you may like to begin roasting potatoes first for 15 minutes and then add other vegetables if time permits)
- Add passata and chickpeas, mix well and return to oven for further 15 minutes or until potatoes are tender
Enjoy with rice and a large dollop of yoghurt.
Once cooled, store in airtight container in fridge for up to 3 days or freeze.