This quick and tasty couscous salad recipe is an easy and balanced option to prepare when there is no access to a hob.
Preparation time: 15 minutes
- Couscous - 300g
- Chickpeas (drained) - 1 tin
- Hot vegetable stock - 600ml
- Red peppers (chopped) - 2
- Cucumber (chopped) - 1 cup
- Spring onion (chopped) - 2 sprigs
- Feta cheese - 200g
- Lemon / fresh herbs - (optional)
- Tip couscous into a large bowl.
- In a separate bowl, mix 600ml boiled water with one stock cube until dissolved and then pour over couscous. Cover bowl with a plate and leave for 10 minutes until fluffy.
- While couscous is cooking, dice the spring onions, peppers and cucumber. Add these to the couscous once 'cooked', then crumble in the feta and add any preferred herbs and some freshly squeezed lemon.
Storage: Store in an airtight container and consume within 3 days
Nutritional information per serve (380g)
- Energy : 443 cal
- Fat: 14g
- Saturated - 7.3g
- Carbohydrate: 53g
- Sugar - 6.2g
- Protein: 22g