This recipe gives you lots of options for creating a dish you love while making sure you know what you're eating! You can make double or triple quantities of this and box it up for lunch or dinner the following day.
Preparation time: 5 minutes
Cooking time: 15-20 minutes
- Protein (sliced/diced) 100-150g per person e.g. chicken, lamb, beef, prawns, salmon, tofu
- Vegetables (chopped) 1-2 cups per person e.g. peppers, courgette, onion, carrot, broccoli, cauliflower, spring onion
- Carbohydrate ½-1 cup per person e.g. egg or rice noodles, rice, quinoa
- Soy sauce - 1 tablespoon
- Fresh lime juice - 1 tablespoon
- Sesame oil - 1 teaspoon
- Fresh ginger (chopped) - 3cm
- Fresh coriander - to taste
- Olive oil
- Cook carbohydrate as per choice. Example: Instant rice noodles - place in heatproof bowl, cover with hot water for two minutes and drain.
- In a separate bowl (or clean jam jar) combine sauce ingredients except ginger and coriander. Mix well.
- Heat ½ tablespoon of olive oil in a frying pan on medium heat. Stir-fry protein options as per choice. Add chopped veg and ginger and cook for a further 3 minutes. Example: Salmon fillet 3 minutes per side and 1 pepper, ½ courgette and 1 carrot
- Add carbohydrate and sauce to protein/veg and cook for a further 1 minute, then serve and garnish with coriander/herb of your choice
Storage: Store in an airtight container and consume within 2 days (depending on protein source).