For a healthy treat, why not cook up a batch of this amazing banana bread?
Preparation time: 5-10 minutes
Cooking time: 50-60 minutes
Serves: 12 slices (1 loaf)
- Bananas (ripe, medium & mashed) - 3
- Eggs - 3
- Olive oil - 2 tablespoons
- Honey - 2 tablespoons
- Baking powder - 1 teaspoon
- Almond meal - 200g
- Chia seeds - 1 tablespoon
- Dates (chopped) - 1 cup
- Pre-heat oven to 160°C. Line a loaf tin with baking paper.
- Combine banana, honey, oil, eggs and baking powder. You can do this by hand in a large bowl or with a blender.
- Add the almond meal and chia seeds and mix well. Then add chopped dates and mix.
- Spoon batter into the tin and bake for 50-60 minutes (a skewer inserted into the centre should come out dry).
- Remove from the oven and turn out onto a wire rack to cool.
Storage: Store in an airtight container and consume within 1 week or freeze. If freezing the banana bread, slice it first so that you can take out a portion at a time!