Dates, dried, flesh and skin 150g
Bananas, flesh only ,1 ripe banana
Oat flakes, rolled 80g
Walnuts, kernel only (or other nuts of your choice) 60g
Chocolate chips, plain 50g
Flax seeds (milled or whole) 40g
Chia seeds 20g
Vanilla essence ½ teaspoon
Cinnamon, ground ½ teaspoon
Nutmeg, ground ¼ teaspoon
- Line a 8x8 or 9x9 square pan with parchment paper.
- Place all ingredients except the walnuts and chocolate chips in a high-powered blender or food processor and process until the mixture forms a thick mass.
- Break up slightly with a spatula, add nuts to the mixture and pulse again until the nuts are slightly chopped and distributed.
- Break up the mixture again and add the chocolate chips, pulse a few more times to distribute, or simply stir them in.
- Press the mixture into the prepared pan and place in the freezer until firm.
- Slice the bars into squares and store in the fridge.