1 tablespoon olive oil
1 large onion, chopped
2 large peppers, chopped
400g extra lean beef mince (or alternative)
1 tsp smoked paprika
1 tsp ground cumin
½-1 tsp chili powder (vary depending on spice preference)
400g tin of chopped tomatoes
400g tin kidney beans (drained)
400g tin mixed beans (drained)
- Heat the oil in a large pan. Add the onion, peppers and cook for 8 mins until softened
- Add the mince, tip in the spices and cook until the meat is browned
- Tip in the beans and tomatoes, mix well
- Bring to the boil and simmer for 15 mins or until the chili is thickened
- Add some hot water if the chili looks a little dry at any point.
- Season to taste and serve with a spoonful of natural yogurt if desired and your choice of carbohydrate.
Tip: Once cooled the chili can be stored in the freezer for when you need it.