Child Wellbeing and Protection Officer (CWPO) Training is suitable for individuals responsible for leading their club or organisation in the wellbeing and protection of children and young people. Learners will have the opportunity to develop knowledge of the roles and responsibilities associated with child wellbeing and protection.
Suitable for: Child Wellbeing and Protection Officers or those in a similar role who are aged 18+ yrs.
Prerequisites: Learners must have completed modules 1 & 2 of the Child Wellbeing & Protecting Children in Sport (CWPS) within the last 3 years.
Delivery: This can be delivered either in person or via a virtual classroom (based on the needs of the learners). Duration 3 hours.
- To provide learners with the opportunity to further develop skills in fulfilling their role as Child Wellbeing and Protection Officer
- To provide the opportunity for Child Wellbeing and Protection Officers to explore, in more detail, the type of wellbeing and protection concerns that may arise for children and young people within or out with the SGB, club environment and how to respond effectively
- To help SGB/clubs implement practices and procedures to keep children and young people safe.
By the end of the workshop participants will:
- Have an understanding of the role of the CWPO
- Gain knowledge of the roles and responsibilities associated with child wellbeing and protection
- Be able to identify the core components of a safe club
- Cover basic requirements of safe recruitment, PVG checks and grounds for PVG referral
- Explore how to respond effectively to child wellbeing or protection concerns
- Look at the need for self-care when working in a wellbeing and protection role
- Recruitment and selection
- Responding to child protection and well-being concerns
- Information sharing
- Fact finding and case referrals
- An introduction to PVG
Organising a CWPO Workshop
To organise a CWPO workshop first check availability of other courses on the sportscotland Training Listings
To register your workshop with sportscotland please complete the Training Registration Page.
You must select a Tutor to deliver this training from our List of Approved Tutors
Any issues please email us on firstname.lastname@example.org