Launched spring 2019, this workshop replaces 'In Safe Hands 1 & 2'. The workshop is suitable for individuals responsible for leading their club or organisation in the wellbeing and protection of children and young people. Learners will have the opportunity to develop knowledge and skills to manage concerns through the use of interactive case studies and group work.
Suitable for: Child Wellbeing and Protection Officers or those in a similar role who are aged 18+ yrs.
Prerequisites: Learners must have completed both modules of the Child Wellbeing & Protecting Children (CWPO) or SPC.
- To provide participants with the opportunity to further develop skills in fulfilling their role as Child Protection Officer
- To provide the opportunity for Child Protection Officers to explore, in more detail, the type of well being and protection concerns that may arise for children and young people within, or outwith, the SGB, club environment and how to respond effectively
- To help SGB/clubs implement practices and procedures to keep children and young people safe.
By the end of the workshop participants will be able to:
- Confidently assess the suitability of an individual to work with children and young people.
- Understand legal responsibilities relating to PVG checks or referrals to Disclosure Scotland and identify who is responsible for this in their setting.
- Respond effectively to wellbeing and protection concerns that may arise in or out-with the club environment.
- Recognise ways in which club culture influences the wellbeing and protection of children and identify methods for effecting cultural change in this important area.
- Recruitment and selection
- Responding to child protection and well-being concerns
- Information sharing
- Fact finding and case referrals
- An introduction to PVG
Organising a CWPO Workshop
To organise a CWPO workshop and check availability of courses email email@example.com