Add some oaty goodness to your day with these simple oat cookies.
Simple oat cookies
Preparation time: 5 minutes
Cooking time: 15 minutes
Makes: 10 cookies
- Oats | 1½ cups
- Plain/wholewheat flour | ½ cup
- Baking soda | ¼ teaspoon (or use self-raising flour)
- Salt | ½ teaspoon
- Egg | 1
- Butter (room temperature) | 2 tablespoons
- Honey | 1 tablespoon
- Sugar | ½ cup
- Water | 1 tablespoon
- Dates (chopped) | ½ cup
Optional: dates can be substituted with other dried fruit, nuts or seeds.
- Pre-heat oven to 180C. Line a baking tray with baking paper
- Mix together the oats, flour, baking soda and salt
- In a separate bowl (using an electric mixer if available), mix together the egg, butter, sugar, honey and water
- Add the mixed dry ingredients to the wet mixture and stir until well combined
- Add chopped dates (or chosen alternative) and stir well
- Place a tablespoon ball of mixture per cookie onto prepared baking sheet, pressing down with back of spoon to form cookie shape
- Bake for 15-18 minutes then place on wire rack to cool before eating/storing
Once cooled, store in airtight container for up to 5 days or freeze.