Try this mouthwatering almond cookie recipe and if you're feeling adventurous, add in some dried fruit, whole nuts, seeds or choc chips to mix up the flavour.
Preparation time: 5 minutes
Cooking time: 12 minutes
Serves: 10 cookies (1-2 per serve)
- Ground almonds - 200g (2 cups)
- Maple syrup - 5 tablespoons
- Baking powder - 1 teaspoon
- Vanilla essence - 2 teaspoons
- Pre-heat oven to 175°C. Line a large baking tray with greaseproof paper
- Combine ground almonds and baking powder
- Add vanilla essence to maple syrup and then add to almond mix; stir with a wooden spoon until well combined
- Place tablespoon of mix per cookie onto baking tray and press down to flatten slightly
- Place in the oven and bake for 12 minutes
- Remove from the oven and allow to cool
Storage: Once cooled completely, store in an airtight container in the fridge for up to 1 week.