This potato and leek soup recipe will keep you full and warm all through the winter time.
Preparation time: 5 minutes
Cooking time: 20 minutes
- Potatoes (peeled and chopped) - 500g
- Leek (chopped) - 1 large
- Garlic (crushed) - 2 cloves
- Olive oil - 1 tablespoon
- Vegetable stock (hot) - 1 litre
- Chives or parsley (fresh, chopped) - 2 tablespoons
- Black pepper to taste
- Heat oil in a large saucepan over medium heat. Add leek and garlic. Cook for 3 minutes, stirring often, until leek has softened. Add potato and cook for further 5 minutes.
- Add stock. Bring to boil. Reduce heat to medium-low and simmer for 15-20 minutes (until potatoes are tender).
- Allow to cool slightly for 5 minutes. Blend with stick blender.
- Serve with fresh chives or parsley and cracked pepper.
Storage: Once cooled completely, store in an airtight container in the fridge for 2 days or freeze.