For a taste sensation, why not combine 3-4 of these pea and feta fritters with a roasted sweet potato, a garden salad and some tomato chutney. Yum!
Preparation time: 5 minutes
Cooking time: 20-25 minutes
Serves: makes 12 fritters (3-4 fritters per serve)
- Frozen peas (thawed) - 1 cup
- Red peppers - 1 cup
- Low-fat feta (crumbled) - 100g
- Red onion (diced) - 1 medium onion
- Mint leaved (chopped) - 2 sprigs
- Olive oil - 2 tablespoons
- Self-raising flour - ⅔ cup
- Eggs - 2 medium
- Milk - ½ cup
- Heat ½ tablespoon olive oil in frying pan on medium heat. Add onion and cook for 5 minutes, then put aside.
- Place peas in a bowl and mash slightly, then put aside.
- Basic batter: whisk together the milk and eggs, add to flour and whisk until smooth.
- Add mashed peas, chopped pepper, feta, onion and mint to the batter. Mix well to combine.
- Heat ½ tablespoon olive oil in a frying pan over medium heat. Add 1 heaped tablespoon of mixture per fritter to the pan, cook 4 fritters for 3 minutes on each side or until golden and cooked through. Then put aside on a plate and repeat for all 12 fritters.
Storage: once cooled completely, store in an airtight container and consume within 3 days