Once you've found your favourite flavour, why not add an additional source of carbohydrate for a simple pre-training smoothie or a protein source for post-training recovery smoothie?
Preparation time: 5 minutes
- Milk (or milk alternative) - 1 cup
- Fruit (best if frozen) - ½ cup
- Vanilla essence (optional) - 1 teaspoon
Additional carbohydrate ideas:
- Honey - ½ to 1 tablespoon
- Oats - ¼ cup
Additional protein ideas:
- Skimmed milk powder - 1 tablespoon
- 0% fat yoghurt - ¼ to ½ cup (Skyr or FAGE are higher in protein)
- Add all ingredients to a blender and mix until smooth - double quanitites can be made and stored in the fridge.
If not consumed immendiately, store in an airtight container in fridge and consume within 24 hours.