Meat from 1 cooked chicken cut into strips or 4 chicken breasts (sliced into strips and pan fried)
1 x 400g tin of light coconut milk
1 tsp coriander
½ tsp cumin
2 tbsp olive oil
2 medium onions finely sliced
2 cloves of garlic crushed
1 red pepper finely chopped
10g fresh coriander, leaves stripped and stalks chopped finely
1-2 red chilis, finely chopped (dependent on level of heat you want)
2 tsp finely chopped lemon grass
2 tbsp lime juice
- Add the oil to a frying pan or wok and when it is hot add the garlic and onions, cook over a medium heat for a few minutes before adding the peppers.
- Once the peppers, onion and garlic have softened add the chili, spices, coriander stalks and lemongrass.
- Stir together and cook for 1 minute. Pour in the coconut milk and lime juice, season and simmer gently for about 10 minutes. Meanwhile prepare the chicken.
- If you are using pre-cooked chicken, from a roast for example, cut the meat into strips.
- If you are using raw chicken, slice the chicken breast into strips and add to a large pan with a little oil. Pan fry the chicken over a medium heat until it is cooked, it should take about 8-10 minutes.
- Check the largest piece to make sure it is cooked through.
- Add the cooked chicken to the sauce and simmer for another 10 minutes.
- Serve with rice and garnish with the coriander leaves.
Tip: To make this recipe vegetarian swap the chicken for tofu, which you can pan fry and add to the sauce - or you could use chickpeas as another alternative