8 medium eggs
10 new potatoes, sliced ½cm thick
1 medium red pepper, finely chopped
2 small onions, finely sliced
1 tsp olive oil
- Heat the oil in a medium frying pan (that can go under the grill) over a low heat and cook the onions gently until they start to go brown, add the peppers and cook for a further 5mins.
- Put the potatoes in a separate pan and cover with boiling water, simmer gently for 8-10mins until just cooked through and drain well.
- Break the eggs into a jug and beat with a fork, season with a generous grind of pepper and a pinch of salt. At this point you can add some fresh herbs or a little grated cheese.
- Heat the grill. Add the potatoes to the frying pan and pour over the egg mixture.
- Cook for 15mins until almost set and golden-brown underneath - you can use a fish slice to lift the omelette up and check.
- Put the frying pan under the grill. Make sure the handle is outside the oven as it will become very hot and can burn. Cook for a further minute or two.
Tip: Serve with a side salad