4 chicken breasts, cut into uniform cubes
Juice from 2 limes
¼ bunch coriander, finely chopped
1 clove garlic, peeled and crushed
3cm piece of ginger, peeled and grated
1 red pepper, cut into chunks
1 red onion, cut into chunks
1 small courgette, cut into half circles
12 cherry tomatoes
You will also need 12 skewers
- If you are using wooden skewers, soak them in water so they do not catch fire.
- Mix the coriander, garlic, ginger and lime juice in a small bowl. Season with pepper and salt.
- Cover the chicken in the lime juice mix and leave to marinade for 20min.
- Thread the chicken and veg onto the skewers, finishing each one with a cherry tomato.
- Put the skewers in an oven-proof tray and grill for 3-4 minutes each side, ensuring the chicken is cooked through. The tray can be placed in the oven if a grill is not available.
- Serve with couscous, rice, quinoa or sweet potato wedges.
Tip: Swap the chicken for tofu to make it veggie