What is it?
#SportHour is a chance to join us on Twitter and discuss the incredible sporting landscape in Scotland, including ways to get involved in sport, explore new opportunities and hear from the sporting community on a wide range of sporting topics.
When is it?
We will be LIVE with the next #SportHour from 9-10pm on Monday 6 August 2018.
What is the theme this month?
August's theme is Volunteering.
How does it work?
It's a Twitter chat we run from our sportscotland Twitter account, which you can follow using the hashtag #SportHour. The aim is to discuss different aspects of sport in Scotland and to get together as one sporting community.
Each month we have a theme which we tell you at the end of the previous #SportHour. You then send us your questions and we pick six from them.
We let you know the questions in advance so that you can plan your answers. On the day itself, we start about 8.45pm and the questions begin from 9pm.
The questions will be asked, one every 10 minutes from 9pm. Remember to include 'A1' in your answer for Q1 and so on for all six questions. Tag your answer with #SportHour so that everyone can see your contribution.
An example is: 'A1 I recently joined the local hockey team, met some great friends, got fit & now I feel fantastic! #SportHour'
You can check out our Storify to catch up on #SportHour and see it working for yourself! Watch our Storify here
What are the questions this month?
- Why are volunteers so important to sport in Scotland?
- How has a volunteer or volunteering yourself helped your sporting journey?
- How can we make sure volunteers feel appreciated and stay involved in sport?
- What are some examples of the best things about being a volunteer in sport?
- Tell us about the best volunteering experience you have ever had – what made it so great?
- How can we help more people get involved in sport as a volunteer?
When is next month's #SportHour?
Monday 3 September 2018 from 9-10pm - the theme is Education.
How do I submit question ideas for the next #SportHour?
Tweet us @sportscotland and we will add them to the list!