What is it?
#SportHour is a chance to join us on Twitter and discuss the incredible sporting landscape in Scotland, including ways to get involved in sport, explore new opportunities and hear from the sporting community on a wide range of sporting topics.
When is it?
We will be LIVE with the next #SportHour from 9-10pm on Monday 2 August 2021
What is the theme this month?
The August theme will focus on celebrating sport. Questions are listed below and will be promoted on Twitter @sportscotland
How does it work?
#SportHour is a Twitter chat we run from our sportscotland Twitter account, which you can follow using the hashtag #SportHour. The aim is to discuss different aspects of sport in Scotland and to get together as one sporting community.
Each month we have a theme which we tell you at the end of the previous #SportHour. We announce the questions and co-hosts in the week leading up to #SportHour.
We let you know the questions in advance so that you can plan your answers. On the day itself, we start about 8.45pm and the questions begin from 9pm.
The questions will be asked every 20 minutes starting at 9pm. Remember to include 'A1' in your answer for Q1 and so on for all three questions. Important: tag all your posts with #SportHour so that everyone can see your contribution.
An example is: 'A1 I recently joined the local hockey team, met some great friends, got fit & now I feel fantastic! #SportHour'
- Q1 (9-9.20pm)Why is it important to celebrate sport at all levels?
- Q2 (9.20-9.40pm) What examples have you seen where celebrating sport has helped to unite communities
- Q3 (9.40-10pm) With the return of sport, tell us about something you would like to celebrate from the last year?
When is next month's #SportHour?
Monday 2 August 2021 from 9-10pm
Highlights from previous months
- Highlights from February 2021 #SportHour (Supporting mental health)
- Highlights from January 2021 #SportHour (Embracing physical activity)
- Highlights from December 2020 #SportHour (Equality and inclusion in sport)
- Highlights from November 2020 #SportHour (Community champions)
- Highlights from October 2020 #SportHour
- Highlights from September 2020 #SportHour
- Highlights from August 2020 #SportHour
- Highlights from July 2020 #SportHour
- Highlights from June 2020 #SportHour
- Highlights from May 2020 #SportHour
- Highlights from April 2020 #SportHour