Each year, two pupils from each secondary school in Scotland are chosen as Young Ambassadors to promote sport, and motivate and inspire other young people to get involved in sport in their schools, clubs and local communities.
There have been over 3,500 Young Ambassadors in Scotland since the programme started in 2012, and 650 new Young Ambassadors attend the conferences each year.
- Extra curricular sport provision
- Links to community sport opportunities
- Opportunities for competition
- Celebration of pupil achievements in sport
- Leadership opportunities for young people
- PE in schools
Youth Sport Trust created the Young Ambassadors programme to build the leadership skills of young people to encourage their peers to become more engaged in sport. Youth Sport Trust own the intellectual property rights in Young Ambassadors and have granted permission to sportscotland to use the brand and concept, which sportscotland gratefully acknowledge.