Location: Haddington, East Lothian
Hours: Variable and Approximately 3.75 plus galas & cover as required
Salary: £12.50 per hour + a fixed fee for competition attendance
Haddington & District ASC are a competitive swimming club dedicated to helping swimmers be the best they can be. We work hard to create a safe, positive environment that nurtures the enjoyment and enthusiasm of every athlete. We are affiliated with East District & a member of the composite team East Lothian Swim Team, and wish to create a highly capable and talented team of coaches.
We are looking for a Bronze Squad Coach who can coach children aged between 7 to 11 years.
Who you are:
Ideally, you will be a UKCC/SQA Level 2 Swimming Coach. However, you may be a Level 1 Coach with coaching experience, and in this case the club would be willing to support your development and training.
You may be a Coach at another Club looking for a move or looking for additional hours (For suitable candidates, this role may be filled jointly with the Head Coach vacancy). You may also be a University Student who was a competitive swimmer and would like to stay involved in the sport.
In return, you will have the support of a good committee, the potential to work with other coaches, a link into the Coach Education programme with ELST and work with other athletes at different levels. We will also provide training for Hy-Tek Team Manager and ensure you are part of the PVG scheme.
A Coach at Haddington & District ASC will:
- Develop the technical skills of our swimmers in all 4 strokes, competition starts and turns, ensuring compliance with all current FINA regulations.
- Develop swimmers' aerobic fitness and stamina following best practices outlined in the Optimal Athlete Development Framework recommendations.
- Develop squad progress plans based on Head coaches outline plan, competition and testing data
- Provide appropriate individual swimmer evaluation and feedback, and work with swimmers on personal goals
- Communicate effectively with parents and work positively with other members of the Haddington team, other Club Coaches and ELST to help build a positive and cohesive environment.
We also expect you to:
- Learn and keep up-to-date knowledge of the principles of Optimal Athlete Development Framework, as applied to young Swimmers.
- Help the swimmers develop a positive and healthy mental attitude to the sport and competitive situations and encourage good habits in nutrition, sleep, and well-being.
- Exhibit a courteous, respectful manner to swimmers and parents alike, with impeccable punctuality.
- Provide cover when other coaches are away.
This is a self-employed position, and Haddington & District ASC will offer a competitive level of remuneration, considering experience and qualifications.
The role may be variable but will be approximately 3.75 hours/week. We will expect you to prep, attend competitions over and above this. There is a fixed fee for competition attendance.
The training sessions are based at Haddington, Aubigny Centre
Wednesday, 17:00 - 18:15
Friday, 19:30 - 20:45
Saturday, 07:30 - 08:45
If you are interested in applying for would like further details, we would love to hear from you:
President - Paul Cameron email:- email@example.com
Vice President – Sharon Wellwood email:- firstname.lastname@example.org
Closing date is the 15th January.