This guidance is intended to provide information on how to recognise sports concussion and on how this should be managed from the time of injury through to safe return to sport.
This information is intended for the general public
and for grassroots sport participants, where
specialists in sport and exercise medicine are
not available to manage concussed individuals.
At all levels in all sports if an athlete is suspected
of having a concussion, they must be immediately
removed from play. If in doubt, sit them out.
No-one should return to sport on the same day
with suspected concussion.
Please see the links for further information.
Documents and resources
- Scottish sports concussion guidance
- Scottish sports concussion guidance card
- Scottish sports concussion guidance pocket card
- Scottish sports concussion guidance pocket card (Black and white)
- After concussion return to normality (ACORN) Guidance
- ConcussEd - Improving concussion awareness and education (YouTube video)
- FREE online brain health course from Brain Health Scotland