sportscotland is the national agency for sport in Scotland. We see a Scotland where sport is a way of life, where sport is at the heart of society, making a positive impact on people and communities.
At sportscotland we believe:
- Sport should be open to everyone and conducted in a way which promotes equality and respect for others.
- Competition should to be fair and take place within the spirit and rules of (the) sport. Success should result from honest endeavour, training and preparation by the athlete and impartiality by those who officiate
- Athletes must comply with the World Anti-Doping Code and those who work with athletes should put their interests first and not abuse their trust.
- All those involved in sport should put its interests before any personal or financial gain.
- Sponsorship and other commercial involvement should be compatible with the ethics and values of sport.
Find out more about what we do by clicking on the relevant section below.