sportscotland is now firmly following our Business Continuity plans with a focus on how we manage the current situation with Coronavirus (COVID-19). At the heart of our discussions and considerations is the health and welfare of our staff team and of our many partners.
Following the announcement from the First Minister that schools closed on Friday 20 March, we have suspended the School Sport Award for academic year 2019-20 and this will now run into academic year 20-21.
No awards will be given in September 2020, instead any assessments or applications received for academic year 19-20 will be awarded in September 2021.
The self-assessment tool is still open and available for you to use should you wish to do so.
About the School Sport Award
The sportscotland School Sport Award is a national, Lottery funded initiative designed to encourage schools to continuously improve physical education (PE) and school sport opportunities. The sportscotland School Sport Award:
- Encourages schools to self reflect and continuously improve
- Puts young people at the forefront of the decision making and planning of PE and sport in their school
- Helps schools to increase young people’s opportunities and engagement in PE & school sport
- Helps schools to put PE & school sport at the heart of their planning, practice and ethos
- Recognises and celebrates successful PE & school sport models
Why should your school get involved?
The sportscotland School Sport Award provides schools with the following benefits:
- Identify current strengths and areas for improvement in PE & school sport
- A development plan template to improve any areas of weakness
- National recognition with a sportscotland School Sport Award