The Safeguarding in Sport Service is continually developing and refreshing resources to support the implementation of the Standards for Child Wellbeing and Protection in Sport.
- For SGBs - 10 Steps to Safeguarding Children in Sport (currently under review)
- For clubs - Child Wellbeing & Protection in Sport: Guidance for Clubs
Both resources are a collection of guidelines, good practice, practical advice, template procedures and policies, all tools which can help keep children and young people safe whilst having fun in sport.
- are applicable for any club, SGB or organisation providing activities for children and young people under 18 years
- can be used to look at what you already have in place, confirm the good practice that you are already doing and identify and fill gaps in provision
- can help a new member of staff or volunteer taking on the role of a Child Wellbeing and Protection Officer (CWPO) to understand the range of responsibilities, procedures and guidelines that underpin the role.
Further resources and support can be accessed at