In response the 2018 SGB and local authority survey that helped gather data of gaps in safeguarding training and partner consultation events, sportscotland has developed its’ own training resource to replace the UK Coaching Safeguarding and Protecting Children workshop (SPC) material.
This resource will:
- Enhance current provision with creation of additional learning opportunities to reflect changes in society and sport.
- Map against National Framework for Child Protection Learning and Development in Scotland 2012 and CIMPSA Professional Standards for Safeguarding and Protection of Children Standards.
- Take a blended learning approach which embraces digital delivery and face to face learning to increase the accessibility of training.
- Support the review of UKCC in relation to the development of common units.
- Explore an approach to education and training provision for protected adults
- Reflect the Standards for Child Wellbeing and Protection in Sport (Standards).
To support partners with this change of delivery model the following FAQs provide guidance and help explain and the delivery process of delivering the new training resource.