Two of these tasty mini frittatas combined with a piece of fruit make a well-balanced snack or four frittatas can make up the protein portion of a lunch or dinner
Preparation time: 5-10 minutes
Cooking time: 15-20 minutes
Serves: 12 mini frittatas
- Eggs - 6
- Skimmed milk - ¼ cup
- Red peppers (chopped) - ¾ cup
- Courgettes (chopped) - ¾ cup
- Red onion (chopped) - ½ cup
- Cheddar cheese - ½ cup
- Salt and pepper to taste
You will need:
- 1 12-cup muffin tray
- 1 large mixing bowl
- 1 whisk/fork to beat eggs
- Olive oil/spray
- Pre-heat oven to 180°C and grease a 12-cup large muffin tray with olive oil or olive oil spray.
- Whisk eggs, milk, salt and pepper in a mixing bowl until well blended.
- Add cheese, courgette, red pepper and onion (if time permits, veg can be pre-fried in a small amount of olive oil or roasted). Mix well.
- Spoon approximately ¼ cup mixture into each muffin cup.
- Bake until just set - approximately 15-20 minutes. Turn out and cool on a wire rack.
Storage: Once cooled completely, store in an airtight container and consume within 5 days.