Salary/Expenses Paid: Travel Expenses Paid & Other Benefits
Edinburgh University Athletics Club is looking for a friendly and reliable volunteer coach to lead our Wednesday track training sessions at Saughton Sports Complex in Edinburgh from 3PM to 5PM, September to May. They will be assisted by our Coaching Assistant and Training Secretaries.
Requirements and Responsibilities:
- Level 1 coaching qualification.
- Previous experience of planning and/or delivering a coaching plan (desirable), and an understanding of both sprint and endurance running and ideally of throwing and jumping events as well; ability to lead club sessions on Wednesdays with the assistance of student training secretaries; responsibility of evaluating athlete's performances and aiding athlete development.
- Ability to attend monthly (though flexible) coaching team meetings and be in regular communication with clubs committee.
- A maximum of 75 hours is expected between September and May (academic Year).
- Access to Edinburgh University Sports Union's Coaching and Volunteering Academy and a student priced Pleasance gym membership.
- The chance to coach high achieving athletes; financial assistance with coach education courses, where agreed appropriate.
- Free entry to all club dinners and balls; two pieces of club PlayerLayer kit; travel allowances to events.
Name: Coralie Absolum
E-mail address: email@example.com
We are a diverse but close-knit club who cater for both those interested in general fitness and those competing on a national and international level. Our athletes are regularly medallists and finalists at competitive events such as BUCs and SUCA and we hope to not only continue this success but also widen participation in these events. We look forward to welcoming a likeminded individual with enthusiasm for the sport and a passion for athlete development.