Department: British Golf Museum
Reporting To: Museum Manager
Hours: Monday - Friday 9.00am - 5.00pm: Winter
Monday - Friday 9.00am - 5.15pm: Summer
Location: St Andrews
Contract: Permanent, Full-time
The British Golf Museum, located in St Andrews, is a 5-star Museum at the heart of the home of golf. We are dedicated to providing the best visitor experience, with the highest levels of customer service. We are currently seeking a Visitor Services Supervisor to join our busy team.
ROLE AND RESPONSIBILITIES
Core responsibilities are:
- Ensuring the smooth running of all Front of House activities
- Providing a clear line of communication between the Museum Manager and the Visitor Services team
- Being a role model for the Front of House team, with an ability to motivate and get the best from each individual
- Overseeing work across all commercial areas of the Museum, including admissions, retail, and the galleries
- Ensuring excellent levels of customer service at all times, pro-actively seeking to enhance the visitor’s experience to make it a memorable one
- Responsible for the delivery of all retail activity in the Museum shop, including but not exhaustive of stock replenishment and control, processing deliveries and undertaking other administrative duties
- Ensuring that all areas, interior and exterior, of the Museum, including the public toilets, are kept clean and tidy at all times
- Responsible for Front of House rota management (lunches and holidays)
- Undertaking training of new staff (seasonal and permanent)
- Undertaking any other reasonable task requested by the Museum Manager
- Evening/weekend work will be required from time to time to ensure the continued smooth running of the Museum
QUALIFICATIONS AND EXPERIENCE
- Proven experience of providing excellent levels of customer service
- Supervisory experience from previous employment
- Experience of cash handling and working with a till
- Must understand sales and merchandising methods, including upselling and display
- Must have knowledge of and/or an interest in golf
- Additional language – advantageous
- Must be highly presentable and of smart appearance
- Must be able to work calmly during extremely busy periods
- Excellent communication skills, with an ability to speak clearly and confidently
- Excellent attention to detail
- Ability to motivate and encourage teams
- Trustworthy and reliable
- Ability to work in a team but also to use own initiative
- Ability to work flexibly in all aspects of visitor services
To apply for this vacancy, please send your c.v. and covering letter to Laura Kane on firstname.lastname@example.org by the closing date of Monday 25th March 2019.
How your information will be used.
If you have any questions about The R&A’s use of your data, please contact us.
This job description is written as an indication of the nature and scope of duties and responsibilities. It is not intended as a fully descriptive or definitive list and jobholders will be expected to carry out other duties assigned which are appropriate to the position.