Start Date: Immediately
Term Time Position (Sep – Apr)
- Up to 26 weeks per year
- Max 4 hours per week
- £10/hour including reasonable expenses
Applications are invited for the position of a Head Coach at the University of Strathclyde Women’s Basketball Club. The team plays competitively in the BUCS Scottish 1A. The Coach is required to lead, manage and deliver coaching services to the SUWBC, including training and competitions. Club training session take place on Monday evenings 8.30-10pm at Strathclyde Sport. Competitive fixtures take place on Wednesday afternoons and home games will take place at the same venue.
The successful candidate will create a positive, responsive and productive relationship with the Team and support the development of team in training and competition. Possibility also for just coaching the games but this should be further discussed with the team captain.
The role is for a maximum of 4 hours per week and the successful candidate will be expected to be registered/register as Self Employed with HMRC and hold their own coaching insurance policy.
- Lead coaching on match days and preferably also at training sessions
- Attempt to improve technical and tactical development of players.
- Contribute to the enhancement of the student experience through high quality coaching which engages, sustains and increases participation.
- Maintain accurate records on training attendance, team selections, tactical, and technical analysis of Strathclyde players and opposition teams.
- Regular evaluation of team performance.
- In partnership with the committee, responsible and accountable for team selection, determining methods of selection and providing feedback to those not selected.
- Maintain regular communication with the Club Committee, and Sports Union where required.
- Support the development of student leadership skills, particularly with club committee members
- Make sure all sessions comply with Health & Safety standards and maintain high standards with regards to Equality & Diversity.
- UKCC Level 1 Basketball coaching qualification or equivalent
- Excellent motivation skills
- Excellent inter-personal skills
- Excellent verbal communication skills
- Experience of university sport
- Competitive experience at performance level in basketball
- Level 2 or higher Basketball coaching qualification
- A clean driving license
- A First Aid certificate
Rate of Pay
- Level 1 and/or 2: £10 per hour
- Level 3: £15 per hour (guide)
Applications are considered via a CV and Cover Letter by email outlining the following:
- Coaching experience
- Why you are interested in this role
- Availability to Coach on Wednesday afternoons and preferably on Friday mornings
Please submit applications to Deborah Hart, SUWBC Captain via email firstname.lastname@example.org by Friday 25th October. If you have any questions about the position, please no not hesitate to contact the Club Captain on details provided.