East Dunbartonshire, Glasgow
Bishopbriggs Tennis Club is looking to recruit an enthusiastic Level 3 Coach to develop and deliver coaching programmes and tennis activities for all ages.
Bishopbriggs Tennis Club is offering a great opportunity to build on the success of our existing coaching programme and to develop new initiatives.
The overall aim of the role is to increase levels of participation, improve standards of play and help grow the club’s membership.
The main tasks will be to:
- Develop, publicise and deliver a mini-tennis & junior coaching programme, including Easter and Summer ‘Camps’
- Develop, publicise and deliver coaching for adult beginners, intermediates and team players
- Assist with the development and organisation of junior teams for competitive play
- Develop & maintain links with local schools
- Assist with, and attend, any other club activities as required – for example club open days and GBTW-type events
- Provide regular reports to the club committee
Familiarity with the coaching module of Clubspark is also required, for the administration of all coaching programmes.
Remuneration would be on an hourly basis. The hourly rate and the number of hours to be delivered per week will be agreed with the club committee. There will also be the opportunity to deliver private coaching sessions, with a percentage of this revenue paid to the club for use of courts/equipment.
Bishopbriggs Tennis Club is located just 10 minutes from Glasgow City Centre and is a very short walk from Bishopbriggs railway station. It is well served by local buses. We have 3 clay courts which are open for play April – October. During the close season, as necessary, we pay for use of the facilities at the East Dunbartonshire Council Community Sports Hub at Huntershill, Bishopbriggs for social play and for coaching sessions/Easter Camp.
We have a strong membership base with over 100 members and a popular junior coaching programme. We also have junior and senior teams competing in West of Scotland league and cup competitions and an adult coaching programme. The club is affiliated to the LTA/Tennis Scotland.
The Successful Candidate:
- Must be fully accredited (Level 3) with the LTA/TennisScotland (minimum Accredited level), with all requirements for accreditation up to date.
- Must be familiar with the coaching module of Clubspark for the administration of all coaching activities.
- Will be flexible, have an enthusiastic, outgoing personality, with excellent communication and organisational skills.
- Will have a pro-active approach to developing the club, their business and their coaching skills.
- Must be prepared to work evenings and weekends.
- Must have the enthusiasm and desire to engage with the local community, schools and other partners.
Applicants should send a CV and covering letter to: Mick Ashworth (Committee member and former Club Coach) email@example.com
For more information please contact Mick on 07717 788472 or at the above email address.
Closing date: 26 February 2021.
We are hoping to recruit a suitable candidate in time for our Junior Easter Camp which is delivered during East Dunbartonshire schools’ Easter holiday.