Job Role: Team Manager (Volunteer)
Group: Scotland Students
Location: Various. Home based.
Responsible for all logistical arrangements for Scotland Rugby League Students including coordinating squad selection, organisation of trial and practice sessions and ensuring that all is in place on match day and during the Student 4 Nations tournament.
Within Scotland Rugby League
- Student Head Coach and Assistant Coach
- Student Physio and S&C
- SRL Director Operations
- SRL Chairperson
- SRL Development Officer
- SRL Welfare Manager
- SRL Communications Officer
- Squad members and potential members
Outside Scotland Rugby League
- Opposition Student Team Managers
- Agree with Head Coach who is responsible for what
- Liaise with Head Coach and Director Operations to arrange training sessions in Scotland. Organise all elements required to run successful sessions.
- Coordinate selection of representative squads with head coach and assistant coach and confirm selection and costs with all squad representatives.
- With the coaching team ensure that a code of conduct is in place.
- With the SRL Director Operations ensure that all kit is ordered in time and to budget.
- Coordinate all elements of the squad being on tour/ in camp, including transport, accommodation, training facilities, dietary requirements, media, social events, flights (if required), check ins, visas (if required), insurance, passports, match day arrangements, kit, liaison with game officials, liaison with opposition management, financial management, discipline, coordination of team meetings.
- Liaise with the U16 and U19 Team Managers to ensure that the SRL pathway is working well
- Prepare an annual report.
Knowledge, Skills and Experience
- High level of leadership
- Team player
- Highly motivated
- Leads by example
- Sets and demands high standards
- Gets to know players and staff
- An understanding of the logistical challenges involved with managing a youth sports team
- Identifies exactly what the problem is
- Able to handle all aspects of the job with care and understanding
- Takes on board information from all involved
- Assesses the problem and tries to offer resolutions
- Isn’t afraid to make decisions
- If unsure, is not afraid to seek advice
- Keeps calm and dignified at all times
- Professional at all times
- Displays high levels of honesty and integrity
- Confident in manner
- Able to delegate
- Able to communicate
- Good Work ethic
- Sound business skills
- Accountable for their actions
- Player, team and squad centred
Applicants should send their CV and cover letter to email@example.com