Location: Edinburgh and Livingston
Our Swim Instructors instill a lifesaving skill, the ability to swim. All abilities and ages are welcomed and as a Swim Instructor you will be expected to run sessions effectively and efficiently, setting up and maintaining equipment, undertaking appropriate administration and adhering to safeguarding and company policies.
Your primary role will be to help, teach and coach people of all ages and abilities to develop swimming skills, technique and confidence in the water.
- To plan and deliver lessons ensuring adherence to our scheme of work and lesson plans.
- Ensure safe provision of all equipment and ensure it is used correctly
- Make sure safety standards are followed in sessions and undertake risk assessments
- Identify participants’ abilities and encourage them to reach their full potential
- Plan and deliver sessions appropriate to the level of swimmer
- Provide explanations and demonstrate swimming techniques
- Correct faults in swimming techniques and identify ways to improve performance
- To be a positive role model, creating a positive and fun environment in which to motivate and encourage children and adults to participate in swimming
- Regularly assess each participant’s ability and progress and arrange for the award of the appropriate certificates
- To attend regular meetings with the Venue Coordinator as and when necessary.
- To agree to abide by a code of conduct and carry out duties in accordance with BASS and site policies, including equal opportunities, safeguarding children, health and safety at work, etc.
- Enthusiastic and positive attitude towards swimming
- Good communicator
- The ability to inspire confidence and motivate swimmers
- Perseverance and patience
Ideally the candidate will hold a valid level 2 teaching qualification/SSTQ and National Reach Rescue Award / Pool Attendant Qualification or National Pool Lifeguard Qualification, although not essential as training can be provided
Flexibility to work weekdays, evenings and weekends.
Rate of pay: £1316ph
To apply please send your Cv to Laura.email@example.com