(2 Posts - Part time)
£17918.43 - £19506.75
Glasgow Life is the charity providing the support, inspiration and opportunity for Glasgow’s citizens to access the services that matter most to them. Working across museums, the arts, music, sport, world-class events, festivals, libraries, community facilities, and physical activity, learning and heritage programmes; the scale and reach of our activity makes a real and positive impact on the lives of Glasgow’s residents and creates unforgettable experiences for our visitors.
We are recruiting a Sport & Physical Activity Coach (Swimming), to join our 3,000 strong team of dedicated staff and volunteers. The Sport and Physical Activity Coach (Swimming) will work within Glasgow Life, providing participation and development opportunities across our swimming programme at the City of Glasgow Swim Team.
Glasgow Sport is recruiting highly skilled and motivated swimming coaches to support the development of the City of Glasgow Swim Team. The swimming coaches are integral to ensuring the Swim Team is a success and are key to the day-to-day delivery of a safe, fun, educational, progressive and challenging coaching environment.
We are looking for staff who are:
- Highly motivated
- Enthusiastic and energetic
- Easily able to engage with children, teenagers and adults
- Have a sound knowledge of competitive swimming
- Understand learn to swim programmes and the swimming pathway
- Able to work as part of a team
- Willing to develop new skills
- IT literate
- Dependable and punctual
- Capable of manual work in a swimming pool environment including the movement of equipment and safe supervision of groups of swimmers.
To be successful in this role you will have the following skills and experience:
- UKCC Level 1 Coaching or Teaching Aquatics or equivalent.
- Experience of assistant or voluntary coaching work within a competitive swimming club.
- Ability to undertake physical manual work in a swimming pool environment including the movement of equipment.
Membership of the Protection of Vulnerable Groups Scheme will be essential on taking up appointment. Please note successful candidates for the above position will be required to pay for their PVG Membership/or Scheme Checks.
Please note there is 2 positions available 1x11 hour post and 1 x6 hour post, Salary will be pro rata. These posts will be temporary for a period up to 2 years.
Closing date is 11.59pm on Sunday 8 December 2019.
Information is available in alternative formats, on request.