Payment: Up to £19,500
Contract: Based in Edinburgh.
There is no better time to join Snowsports Scotland!
Over the past 12 months we have made some significant gains in growing membership; delivering new participation programmes and events; and improving the support we provide to our best athletes.
We are on the search for an outstanding individual to support our growing event programme and to champion our administration and communication priorities.
To excel in this post, you will have event experience, be a clued-up administrator and enjoy working in a team environment.
To apply please send a completed resume and covering letter to firstname.lastname@example.org
Informal enquires should be directed to Trafford Wilson, Chief Executive: 0131 625 4405
Closing date for completed applications: 26th April 2019
Interviews will be held on: 6th May 2019
All interviews will be held at the Snowsport Scotland Offices at Caledonia House, Edinburgh.
Job Title: Event and Administration Officer
Office Location: Snowsport Scotland, Caledonia House – Edinburgh
Hours of work: Full time – 37.5 hours per week
Some evening and weekend work is required
The Event and Administration Officer is responsible for:
- supporting the Snowsport Scotland team in delivering new and existing events that increase participation in all aspects of Snowsports; and
- providing efficient and customer focused administration expertise.
The Event and Administration Officer reports directly and is line managed by the CEO.
AREAS OF RESPONSIBILITY
- Support the delivery of key competitions – including: Alpine Championship Races and Triple Crown (Park & Pipe) and Roller Ski (Cross-Country) events
- Liaise with the Pathway Coaching Team to actively seek and support new events that attract more people to Snowsports – particularly females
- Set up competition entry systems, liaise with facility operators and promote Snowsport Scotland events
- Review Snowsport Scotland events and look for opportunities to increase participant involvement
- Provide an efficient, friendly and courteous service to telephone/email enquiries and bookings
- Maintain and analyse the central database including the registration and processing of all memberships, pre and post course administration, and the collection of appropriate fees and levy payments
- Liaise with the Snowsport Scotland team to manage the website, phone APP and social media tools to ensure that news information and the wider Snowsports Community are kept up to date
- Work with staff to complete annual report publications and newsletters
- Be responsible for recording AGM and bi-monthly team meeting minutes
- Provide other support and general administration to the Snowsport Scotland team as agreed
- Schedule Instructor, Coach and Mountain Leader courses in conjunction with the Education and Development Manager
- Manage and communicate course outcomes and certification
- Administer the domestic calendar and course schedule for all disciplines
- Manage the Snowsport Scotland merchandise range – responsibilities include liaising with suppliers, marketing sales and overseeing agreed budget targets
Key Skills and Attributes
- Enjoy working with others
- Strong attention to detail
- Ability to priortise and manage multiple tasks
- Efficient in using office systems i.e. database, website management
- Confident in using a range of social media tools
- A good communicator – written and oral
- Positive attitude
- Snowsport Scotland staff
- Members – including clubs and individuals
- Facility partners and suppliers
- sportscotland staff
- Glenmore Lodge
Applicants will be required to submit a self-declaration form for work with children and if successful apply for a PVG Scheme Record through Snowsport Scotland.