Ref no: CLA01071
Closes: Sunday, 22nd October 2017
Location: Kilncraigs, Greenside Street, Alloa
Salary: £23,706.77 - £26,645.02 per year Pro Rata
Hours: 28.00 hours per week
Contract Type: Fixed Term
Position Type: Term Time Part Time
Work with all key partners in the Council's Active Schools and Sports Development Teams, Secondary PE departments and other relevant internal and external agencies to deliver a comprehensive programme of sports competitions and events across ensuring integration, inclusion and links to pathways and clubs for secondary schools.
- Co-ordinate and deliver the annual inter-school secondary events calendar ensuring that all events and competitions are well organised and risk assessed
- Co-ordinate all activities with colleagues in the secondary school PE departments, Active Schools and wider Sports Development Teams
- Ensure there are clear pathways from local to regional and national events and competitions.
- Liaise with relevant Governing Bodies of Sport and the Central Sporting Partnership to ensure clear pathways for participants.
- Liaise with local community clubs and ensure they are linked to all relevant events.
- Work with the 3 secondary schools to ensure they have maximum participation in the annual events calendar and co-ordinate school-based competitions where needed to improve participation.
- Work with colleagues within the school and Sport Development to develop a database of volunteers, officials and coaches to support the delivery of the events and competitions.
- Co-ordinate a programme of training for secondary school senior pupils to utilise them effectively in a variety of roles within the annual events programme.
- Secretarial role for the Clackmannanshire Secondary Schools Sports Association
- Co-ordinate the completion of applications for grant funding on behalf of the Clackmannanshire Secondary Sports Association in order the support and enhance the current annual programme of events.
- Ensure good budget management of all income & expenditure & prepare reports as required.
- Support colleagues within Sports Development as appropriate
This post is considered regulated work with children and/or protected adults, under the Protection of Vulnerable Groups (Scotland) Act 2007. You will be required to join the PVG Scheme or undergo a PVG Scheme update check prior to a formal offer of employment being made by Clackmannanshire Council. The cost of this check will be deducted from your salary.
Should you have difficulty in accessing the documents and wish to request a paper application pack along with an application form please call 01259 452244 (24 hrs) and leave your details along with the reference number of the post.
Please note that if you are selected for interview you will be notified by e-mail.
Further information and applications