Scotland Rugby League is the governing body for the sport in Scotland and works closely with the Rugby Football League and sportscotland to lead the sport.
Following a review of its strategy, the governing body is looking to recruit new volunteer Board members to join the existing Chair and Board to move the organisation forward and engage in the future of the sport. This is a unique opportunity to join a dynamic board structure as the sport looks to implement its strategy, building a robust and sustainable participation base in Scotland and running a number of representative teams, including Under 16’s, Under 19’s, Students, Wheelchair Rugby League and senior team who will look to qualify for the 2021 Rugby League World Cup in England in qualifiers in late October, early November.
There are 3 new Board roles – job descriptions are available on request. No previous rugby league experience is required for these roles.
- Director of Development. This role will suit someone with experience in sports development who is looking to develop as a Board Director
- Commercial Director. This role will work well for someone with some experience working with sponsors, stakeholders and funding providers.
- Director Player Pathways. This Board role is responsible for our U16. U19, Students and Wheelchair programmes and the important links to clubs and the senior team.
There are many other opportunities and benefits to getting involved and to volunteering with us. They include:
- Becoming involved in a Board of a sporting organisation at a new stage of its development and having a major impact on the growth and sustainability of a sporting organisation.
- Becoming involved in a Board capacity from the beginning, with an opportunity to shape new areas of planning and delivery.
- Developing an understanding of what it takes to be a director and developing leadership and business skills. Enhance your career and personal achievements.
- Meet and communicate with people that have similar interests and share common goals. Network and liaise with other sports and organisations.
- See a sport flourish under your tenure.
For more Information: please call or message Keith Hogg, SRL Chair on 07831 515962
Apply: email with attachment of letter, detailing skills, experiences and what you would bring to the role to: Keith Hogg at email@example.com
Closing Date for applications: Friday 31st May at 5pm