37 hours per week
National role, based from home
£19,280 to £25,700 per annum (dependent upon experience) + contributory pension
+ 34 days annual leave (includes Bank Holidays and Company Days)
Our Safeguarding & Compliance Team is looking to appoint a Safeguarding Officer to supporting our clubs and welfare officers. The Safeguarding Officer will initially cover the Southern regions, with a view to potentially covering the Eastern region.
Reporting to the Safeguarding & Compliance Manager you will be required to ensure the safeguarding of children, young people and adults at risk working closely with members of the Safeguarding Team and National/Regional/Club welfare officers. Working in partnership with statutory agencies charged with the oversight of the safeguarding of children, young people and adults at risk, you will also be required to provide advice and guidance to the membership in all matters relating to safeguarding and to be aware and reactive to international and national safeguarding issues.
The role will lead on the development, implementation and review of systems to safeguard and protect children, young people and adults at risk involved in gymnastics in the Community. You will also contribute to the development and delivery of an education programme.
With experience in a similar role, you will:
- Have a full understanding of the legislation around safeguarding
- Have experience in managing safeguarding cases
- Be experienced in working with children, their families and/or vulnerable groups in any sector
- Have exceptional people skills and the ability to build positive partnerships and relationships with key stakeholders
- Be a self-starter working on your own initiative and must demonstrate an ability to handle confidential data sensitively, ensuring complete compliance with BG Data Handling policies
- Have the ability to work across multiple sites including unsocial hours to manage direct work with parents/carers.
- Experience and competent in the delivery of training is desirable but not essential.
- Experience of Safeguarding in a sports environment is desirable but not essential.
You will be able to demonstrate:
- A relevant qualification in Investigations, Social Services, Education or other specialist qualification.
- A comprehensive knowledge of legislation affecting child/adult protection, equality and youth participation.
- Able to make tough decisions and to prioritise activities.
- Great interpersonal, communication, negotiation and consultative skills at all levels.
- Effective IT skills.
Due to the nature of the work, weekend and evening working may be required.
A full current UK Driving Licence and willingness to travel is essential.
British Gymnastics is an equal opportunities employer and aims to provide a discrimination-free working environment. We are committed to an action plan and policy in line with the Equality Act 2010, which ensures that no job applicant or employee receives less favourable treatment because of a protected characteristic.
Closing Date for Applications: Midnight on 21st November 2018
Interview will be held on: 3rd and 5th December 2018 at Lilleshall National Sports Centre