British Gymnastics has the following temporary full time post, based from home
Based from home with time spent at Lilleshall
Salary range £16,500 to £22,000 per annum (dependent upon experience)
+ contributory pension + 34 days annual leave (includes Bank Holidays and Company Days)
We are looking for a Recreational Gymnastics Project Coordinator, on a 6 month maternity leave cover, to deliver inclusive recreational gymnastics projects which increase the opportunity for more people to take part in gymnastics in high quality recreational gymnastics. The role holder requires an understanding of inclusive recreational gymnastics, specifically on how gymnastics is delivered in Clubs, Leisure Centres and Schools and to different target groups. The role also includes supporting the development of products and programmes and maintaining relationships with external inclusive sport organisations.
The main responsibilities of the role are:
- Build strong, positive relationships with deliverers including Clubs, Leisure Centre, Schools and inclusive sport organisation at local level, understanding their delivery needs and aspirations for gymnastics.
- Drive the delivery of the interventions within an action plan to reach agreed participation targets and measures.
- Work with the Recreational Gymnastics Manager and the Recreational Gymnastics Product Officers and Inclusion Officer, to deliver tasks and interventions linked to the development of new recreational gymnastics products.
- Monitor and report on existing recreation gymnastics products and activities with a focus on the inclusion aspect (Disability and Women and Girls). Use insight to track any changing trends and needs of providers, maintain the relevance of the product.
- With support from the Recreational Gymnastics Inclusion Officer, work in partnership with inclusive sport organisations (national and local) to implement inclusive gymnastics products into their landscape e.g. National Disability Sports Organisations, Women in Sport groups.
- Create supporting product information sheets, delivery guides and documentation to ensure internal staff and external inclusive sport organisation have all relevant product information.
- Coordinate and deliver training to staff, providers or inclusive sport organisation or any new or development produces to their knowledge as up to date as possible.
Applicants will need to demonstrate:
- An understanding of inclusive recreational gymnastics, specifically across the main environments of Clubs, Leisure Centres and Schools and in the two main focus areas of inclusion which are Disability and Women and Girls.
- An element of project delivery experience to ensure tasks are delivered to time and to a high quality using project documentation.
- Ability to build and maintain effective working relationships with internal colleagues, external stakeholders and customers
- Ability to work as part of a team to contribute towards effective processes
- Ability to use initiative, analyse and resolve a number of challenges, problems and issues.
- Proven ability to influence others with strong communication skills through delivering presentations, contributing at meetings and working groups, collating feedback and writing report, and championing inclusive recreational gymnastics products
British Gymnastics is an equal opportunities employer and aims to provide a discrimination-free working environment. We are committed to an action plan and policy in line with the Equality Act 2010, which ensures that no job applicant or employee receives less favourable treatment because of a protected characteristic.
Closing date for applications: Midnight on Tuesday, 27th November 2018
Interview date: 10th and 11th December 2018