British Gymnastics has the following full time permanent post (subject to funding) based in Northern Ireland:
37 hours per week
Salary range £19,280 to £25,700 per annum (dependent upon experience)
+ contributory pension scheme + 34 days annual leave (includes Bank Holidays and Company Days)
The overall purpose of this role is to work in partnership with clubs and other delivery partners, volunteers and local organisations to implement/deliver local initiatives that will improve/sustain operations and create capacity to enable participation growth within the sport; and contribute to and support with the delivery of the Northern Ireland Work Plan.
Support their workforce and create capacity to enable participation growth within the sport. The overall purpose of this role is to support the delivery of the Northern Ireland Work Plan through contributing to and informing strategic thinking and planning.
The main responsibilities of the role are:
- Work with the Northern Ireland Manager to deliver support to clubs and partners in line with the Northern Ireland Strategy
- Lead on the implementation and delivery of new programmes and initiatives aimed at growing capacity, supporting workforce, and improving and sustaining participation
- Lead on the development of delivery plans to grow capacity and participation in Northern Ireland
- Build strong, positive relationships with other internal partners who contribute towards the delivery plan.
- Ensure alignment across other work areas and with external partners to maximise participation growth and other opportunities, including coordinating and contributing to internal and external working groups
The ideal individual will have/be able to demonstrate:
- An in-depth knowledge of gymnastics activities within the Area and be hands-on in facilitating and delivering key initiatives and projects
- Be able to demonstrate a broad range of skills including communication/interpersonal skills for meetings, training sessions and relationship building
- Have competent administration/IT skills for correspondence, funding applications, presentations, budgetary management etc.
- Possess a broad knowledge of gymnastics and its disciplines/pathways, regional/national structure etc.
- Have sport development experience or a relevant qualification in Sport Studies/Development
- A full UK driving licence and access to a car for work
- The successful candidate must also live in Northern Ireland or be willing to relocate to the area
British Gymnastics is an equal opportunities employer and aims to provide a discrimination-free working environment. We are committed to an action plan and policy in line with the Equality Act 2010, which ensures that no job applicant or employee receives less favourable treatment because of a protected characteristic.
Please note appointment to this post will be subject to an Enhanced Disclosure Check without Barring List
Closing date for applications: Midnight on 16th July 2019