Location: Negotiable - Helensburgh, Dunoon, Lochgilphead or Oban
Hours: Full time
Post grade: LGE 13 £ 41,170 - £45,020
Temporary until 31st March 2019
Do you have a passion for sport and physical activity and would like to be part of the new LiveArgyll Leisure and Libraries Trust management team?
In partnership with sportscotland we are seeking a dynamic and committed individual to lead and manage the Active Schools team, Sports Development service and wider Health and Well - Being programme in partnership with other key providers.
Key responsibilities include:
- Line manage all direct reports within the team, ensuring compliance with all HR policies and procedures and ensuring that performance development is practised effectively through the Trust’s staff review framework.
- Manage and monitor team performance to ensure standards are maintained, improvements developed and issues addressed.
- Strategic and operational planning/reporting in partnership with local and national colleagues.
- Manage the volunteer sports infrastructure across Argyll and Bute.
- Devise operational plans that focus on raising participation levels in sport and physical activity within Argyll and Bute both in school and community settings, with particular emphasis on equity and inclusion.
- Effectively managing budgets across all service areas and ensure sound processes and procedures are in place.
Essential Candidate Specification:
- Educated to degree level or GTS registered.
- Considerable proven project and budget management experience
- Experience of working as a member of a management team formulating strategic plans, delivering and achieving results.
- Proven ability to lead, manage and develop teams. Minimum of 3 years supervisory experience in the field of education, sport, leisure and/or recreation industries which includes staff management across a range of professional specialisms.
- Experience in successful partnership working and the ability to identify good practice.
- Experience in promoting the role of physical activity, physical recreation and sport as a contributor to community planning.
- Candidates will have knowledge and understanding of the policy framework set by the Scottish Government and have knowledge and understanding of the Active Schools and Community Sports Hub network and programmes.
- Clearly demonstrate communication skills both written and verbal.
- Excellent interpersonal skills and strong influencing/negotiating skills.
- Ability to prioritise tasks, meet deadlines and work to own initiative.
- Confident in using word, excel and powerpoint.
The jobholder will be expected to travel efficiently between various work locations within Argyll and Bute and beyond to meet the operational requirements of the Service.
The postholder may be required to work outside normal working hours to suit the needs of the service.
How to apply:
Apply online (My Job Scotland) or contact RECRUITMENT@argyll-bute.gov.uk
For an informal discussion on this post and its duties please contact Nicola Hackett, Business Development Manager on 07979 832 089. Closing date for applications is 29th September. Interviews will take place w/c 16th October in Dunoon.