Hours: Full time
Post grade: LGE 12 £36,516-£39,984
Temporary until 31st March 2023 (subject to continuation of funding)
Do you have a passion for sport and physical activity and would like to be part of the LiveArgyll management team?
LiveArgyll is a charitable trust responsible for the ongoing operations and management of the Councils’ Leisure and Library services across Argyll and Bute.
This is an exciting opportunity to join LiveArgyll as Active Schools and Sport Manager, bringing to life our vision that our communities and visitors lead richer and more active lives Be inspired, be you!
In partnership with sportscotland we are seeking a dynamic and committed individual to lead and manage the Active Schools team and Sports Development service.
Key responsibilities include:
- Supporting the Business Development Manager to develop and deliver the vision, strategic objectives and service plans of the trust by working effectively with the management team, colleagues and wider partners, particularly sport
- Supporting the Business Development Manager to deliver the fundamental aim of the Active Schools Network which is to offer all children and young people the opportunities and motivation to adopt active, healthy lifestyles, now and into adulthood. In addition the postholder will provide leadership and strategic direction to the Sport Development service including Community Sport Hubs in partnership with other key providers.
- Acting as line manager for direct reports within team, ensuring compliance with all HR and Health and Safety policies and procedures, and ensuring that performance development is understood and practiced effectively through the Trust’s staff review framework.
- Implementing and maintaining appropriate performance management reporting systems as a means of managing and monitoring the team’s performance.
- Managing the volunteer sports infrastructure across Argyll and Bute.
- Devising operational plans that focus on raising participation levels in sport and physical activity within Argyll and Bute both in school and community settings, with particular emphasis on equity and inclusion.
- Ensuring designated activities meet or improve on service provision, budget, cost and provide value for money.
To be successful in this role you will have the following experience and skills:
- Hold a degree, diploma or certificate in Education/Health/Leisure/Sport/
Business management or related field or have a minimum of 4 years experience in working in leisure/sport related service or business with at least 3 years in a supervisory position.
- Experience of assisting with strategic development, operational management and effective delivery of services within a relevant discipline.
- Experience developing, implementing and monitoring action/ business plans and service improvements.
- Proven track record of positive partnership working.
- Budget management experience, controlling expenditure and recognising income potential.
- Effective communication of ideas, capable of team building and establishing a rapport with board members, colleagues and the community.
- Considerable project management experience.
- Clearly demonstrate knowledge and understanding of the aims of the Active Schools network and Community Sports Hub programme.
The jobholder will be expected to travel efficiently between various work locations within Argyll and Bute and beyond to meet the operational requirements of the service.
The postholder may be required to work outside normal working hours to suit the needs of the service.
How to apply:
For an informal discussion on this post and its duties please contact Nicola Hackett, Business Development Manager on 07979 832 089.
Closing date for applications is 18th February 2019. Interviews will take place on 27th February, at the Queen’s Hall Dunoon.