Reporting to: Head of Academy Performance
Location: The Hummel Training Centre
Employment Status: Permanent Full time
An exciting opportunity has arisen for an experienced Physiotherapist to join the Performance team at The Hummel Training Centre.
The purpose of this role is to manage the sports medicine strategy and provide an elite level of medical provision for all age groups in the Academy. As part of the Performance team, the role requires the management of other medical staff in the delivery of treatment, rehabilitation and prevention of injuries for all players across the Academy.
Overview of Key Responsibilities and Accountabilities:
- As part of a multi-disciplinary team, regularly contribute to the departmental strategy to ensure best practice and continuous improvement.
- Ensure the department attains criteria in line with the Clubs Sport Medicine Strategy and football governing bodies.
- Liaise daily with other Academy Physiotherapists, Sport Scientists and Coaches to ensure effective communication between departments.
- Attend weekly performance meetings with Academy Performance staff and regularly liaise with first team medical staff.
- Ensure that the management of injuries meets elite standards and the club’s commitment to players through best practice in recognition/diagnosis, documentation, evaluation and treatment of injures.
- Ensure appropriate injury mitigation and player care strategies are adopted including but not limited to: Screening, testing, player and squad interventions, player and coach education, and maturation-based interventions.
- Database management regarding player records, injury history, statistics and progress including regular injury auditing.
- Working with the Performance team to implement the appropriate rehabilitation and re-conditioning of injured players at allow safe and effective return to play as soon as possible.
- Provide regular feedback to coaches, players and parents on player development.
- Ensure medical equipment is at the required level and standard, up to date and in line with the clubs and governing bodies requirements.
- Ensure the safe use of gym equipment for any player under your supervision.
- Ensure attendance at games and coverage as and when required.
- To provide medical cover at, home and away fixtures, where required.
- To attend tournaments abroad as and when required.
- To support the Academy’s core principals, aims and values.
- Eligibility to work in the UK
- 5 years Physiotherapy experience
- Graduate calibre or equivalent proven experience working within a similar role
- Sound knowledge of Physiotherapy techniques
- Member of Chartered Society of Physiotherapists
- Experience of working in full time football or other sport is essential
- Understanding of the physical development requirements of young athletes
- Understanding of growth and maturation in relation to performance and injury
- T skills to a high level of competence: Excel, Word, Powerpoint.
- Engaging personality and able influencer with the ability to adapt to fresh challenges.
- Excellent communication skills both written and verbal.
- An ability to manage time effectively to achieve the expectations of the role.
- Good team player.
- A flexible approach to working hours is must due to the nature of the job and the scheduling of fixtures.
Regulated work with children and protected adults
This position includes regulated work with children and protected adults and will require PVG Scheme membership.
Equality & Inclusion:
Rangers Football Club is an equal opportunities employer and positively encourages applications from suitably qualified and eligible candidates regardless of sex, race, disability, age, sexual orientation, gender reassignment, religion or belief, marital status or pregnancy and maternity.
You must keep up to date with new methods and undertake any necessary internal or external training sessions in accordance with Company Policies and Procedures.
If you can add value to our team please email your CV and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org
The closing date for applications is close of business on Saturday 19th January 2019.