37 Hours per week
Salary range £31,880 - £42,500 per annum (dependent upon experience)
+ pension + 34 days annual leave (includes Bank Holidays and Company Days)
Technology is at the heart of everything we do at British Gymnastics, we are constantly working to improve our IT systems and services to both staff and members.
We are looking for someone who will drive the delivery of the IT Strategy, proactively leading on new and emerging technologies/ innovative changes that will advance the British Gymnastics IT Services. Ensuring all activities from service management, Disaster Recovery and strategy and planning, streamlines the customer experience.
The main responsibilities of the role are:
- Develop SLAs across the business for IT services, regularly reviewing targets and managing expectations both internally and externally
- Create and evolve processes that maximise the effectiveness of the service desk and allow the support team to add value to the customers
- Line management of the support team, setting role expectations, managing 1-1s/performance reviews, coaching and developing them to increase motivation and productivity
- Lead on the introduction of ISO 27001 as a security standard within the organisation.
- Accountable for governance and oversight of security solutions, providing escalations for unacceptable levels of residual risk
- Maintain the integrity of technologies and services provided, minimising downtime and identifying areas for improvement within the current infrastructure
- Regularly review system and service capacity trends, identify risks and bottlenecks, and make the necessary recommendations to the Head of IT
Further details can be found in the Role Profile
The ideal individual will have/be able to demonstrate:
- Up to date knowledge of IT infrastructure including a working knowledge of: Virtualisation, Storage, Backup and Recovery, Firewalls, Networks.
- An in-depth understanding of recognised industry frameworks e.g. ITIL
- People, project and budget management.
- Excellent communications skills, including written, verbal and active listening, with the interpersonal skills to interact and influence at all levels.
- The ability to collaborate across teams and with senior leadership to generate results.
- British Gymnastics is an equal opportunities employer and aims to provide a discrimination-free working environment. We are committed to an action plan and policy in line with the Equality Act 2010, which ensures that no job applicant or employee receives less favourable treatment because of a protected characteristic.
Further information and applications
Closing date for applications: Midnight on 3rd April 2018
Interview date: April 2018