Closing Date: 2 December 2019
Voluntary Pro-bono role
scottishathletics is looking to recruit Independent Disciplinary Panel Members to manage disciplinary matters and complaints which have been referred to the company. Reporting to the Chair of the Panel, you will be responsible for hearing disciplinary matters and complaints as part of an Independent Panel, these complaints may concern*:
- Failing to comply with Scottish Athletics Articles of Association or Regulations;
- Doing anything which has the potential to harm Scottish Athletics or bring the sport of athletics or Scottish Athletics into disrepute;
- Failing to comply with a written agreement with or a written undertaking given to Scottish Athletics;
- Making an untrue written or verbal statement to Scottish Athletics or a person or organisation acting on behalf of Scottish Athletics;
- Committing a breach of the Code of Conduct for Partakers;
- Failing to treat others in the sport with dignity and respect;
- Acting in a way that directly or indirectly adversely affects the welfare or safety of a Vulnerable Adult or places them at risk;
- Committing a breach of Scottish Athletics Sports Betting and Anti-corruption Policy
- Acting in a way that directly or indirectly adversely affects the welfare or safety of a person under 18 or places them at risk;
- Acting in a way that directly or indirectly adversely affects the welfare or safety of a Vulnerable Adult or places them at risk
*This list is in no way exhaustive.
Terms and Conditions
Persons shall be appointed to the Panel for a term of their own choosing with a minimum expectation of 12 months and provided that it is no longer than four years.
As the panel ultimately report to the Board of Directors, members of the Board shall not be eligible to apply and in the event that a person is appointed to the Panel and thereafter becomes a member of the Board the person shall automatically be removed from the Panel.
For the avoidance of doubt the Company shall be entitled to accept or reject any application to the Panel and remove any person from the Panel at any time.
Scottish Athletics will keep a database of trained panel members and as and when we receive disciplinary matters, complaints and appeals we will contact you to confirm your availability. We are looking for members to be available to sit on circa three panels per year.