Salary: £13.50 per hour
Job Type: Self-employed
- Lasswade High School
- Gracemount Leisure Centre
- Tumbles at Portobello
About Ibex Gymnastics Club
Ibex Gymnastics Club is a women’s artistic gymnastics club founded in 1989. The current Head Coach is Lauren Hall.
The club offer training sessions to gymnasts across Edinburgh ranging from 2-10 hours per week. The club have 3 sections:
- 4 Piece
- 2 Piece
- Display Team (Age 12+)
The club ethos is to support and encourage the gymnasts to learn and develop new skills in a positive, fair and progressive environment.
We offer gymnastics training to girls across a broad range of ages and abilities tailored to suit gymnast needs and ambitions.
We have established a strong leadership pathway for senior gymnasts. Senior gymnasts are encouraged to get involved in coaching and volunteering within the club. We support them to develop leadership and coaching skills via the Scottish Gymnastics Learn to Coach programme and through their official coaching qualifications.
To support in the delivery of gymnastics sessions, alongside head coach and other coaches, to the agreed standard as outlined by Scottish Gymnastics. To lead a group of gymnasts in the clubs competitive section adapting sessions as appropriate in response to individual/group’s needs.
- Minimum UKCC (or equivalent) Women’s Artistic Level 2 Gymnastics Coach Qualification. Full Level 3 or modules in WAG or General are desirable.
- Before confirming appointment, you will be required to obtain Protection of Vulnerable Groups (PVG) scheme membership through Disclosure Scotland and become a member of the relevant PVG scheme.
- Safeguarding and membership with Scottish Gymnastics/British Gymnastics.
- As a lead gymnastics coach you will be required to support the Head Coach with the delivery of a competitive women’s artistic gymnastics training session. You will be responsible for leading a group of gymnasts working to the BG Classic Challenge rules (Zinc/Copper).
- You will be required to support at various in-house and external competitions throughout the year.
- You will ensure activities are carried out in a safe and appropriate manner aligning with the club ethos and maintain a strong awareness/knowledge of the club policies and procedures.
- Ability to provide instruction clearly and concisely to club members.
- Engaging effectively with a range of members to deliver credible advice, guidance and feedback.
- Building and maintaining good working relationships with coaches and gymnasts.
- Ability to contribute to progress reports, verbal or written, of club gymnasts.
- Demonstrate an understanding of health and safety when delivering gymnastics classes.
- The ability to demonstrate enthusiasm, to inspire confidence and motivate participants.
- Commitment to undertake continuous personal development as required.
If you would like to be considered for the above post, please contact Lauren Hall at Ibexheadcoach@outlook.com (head coach) stating your interest in the post including your up-to-date CV.