Reporting To: Head of HR
Hours: 35 hours, Mon – Fri – 9 a.m. to 5 p.m.
Location: St Andrews
Contract: Full time, Fixed Term - 12 months
Based in St Andrews, The R&A runs professional championships including The Open and the AIG Women’s British Open, elite amateur events, international matches and rankings. The R&A, through R&A Rules Ltd, governs the sport worldwide, outside of the United States and Mexico, on behalf of over 36 million golfers in 143 countries and with the consent of 157 organisations from amateur and professional golf. The R&A is at the forefront in modernising the sport and making it more relevant to today’s society.
An opportunity has arisen for an experienced HR Business Partner who can take responsibility for providing HR support, working in partnership with our business leaders and to take the lead on a number of HR projects and initiatives. As we go through a period of growth the successful candidate will also provide support to the Head of HR in the delivery of the Strategic People Plan.
ROLE AND RESPONSIBILITIES
Core responsibilities are:
- Supporting business leaders and employees in providing pro-active, legally compliant, appropriate guidance and support on all employee relations and engagement matters to ensure the delivery of outstanding operational service
- Manage the HR Team to support the day-to-day operational activities
- Developing a people centered approach in conducting a full review of all HR policies and procedures and updating accordingly
- Develop standardised and streamlined HR procedures and practices
- Manage the integration and development of the HR System
- Produce and review HR data, providing insight and business focused solutions through the analysis of HR Management Information to enable continuous improvement
- Coach line managers to enable them to manage their staff more effectively
- Manage complex ER case work, working with the HR team to ensure disciplinary, grievances and other employee relation issues are handled efficiently and to a high standard
- Collaborate and promote teamwork with the HR Team and share knowledge and expertise to develop internal capability
- Support the Head of HR in the delivery of strategic objectives
QUALIFICATIONS AND EXPERIENCE
- Extensive HR Generalist experience at both a strategic and operational level
- CIPD qualified
- Up to date knowledge of employment legislation
- Remuneration experience is desirable
- Coaching experience
In addition, the successful candidate will require:
- Confidentiality and discretion required at all times
- Ability to challenge and act as critical friend to stakeholders
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Assertive and confident approach
- High levels of accuracy and attention to detail
- Excellent interpersonal skills with the ability to communicate effectively and professionally
- Strong commitment to customer service
To apply for this vacancy, please send your c.v. and covering letter, stating your salary expectations to Caroline Lee on firstname.lastname@example.org by the closing date of Friday 29th March 2019.
How your information will be used
If you have any questions about The R&A’s use of your data, please contact us.
This job description is written as an indication of the nature and scope of duties and responsibilities. It is not intended as a fully descriptive or definitive list and jobholders will be expected to carry out other duties assigned which are appropriate to the position.