Department Girls and Women Football Department
Report to Girls Academy and Women’s Team Manager
Salary Competitive salary
Hours 10-12 hours per week to be worked flexibly depending on team fixtures and closed seasons.
Locations ORIAM Performance Centre, Riccarton and various away locations
Start Date November 2019
Heart of Midlothian is a Scottish Premiership Football Club and an Edinburgh institution with a proud heritage dating back to 1874. The Football Club is honoured and delighted to be in a position to announce new vacancies in the Elite Girls Academy and Women’s First Team as we move towards the transition of integrating Women and Girls Football into the Football Club under the talented stewardship of Kevin Murphy who has been working incredibly hard within his capacity as Girls Academy and Women’s Team Manager since he joined the Club in January. As such we would like to invite applications for the position of Hearts Women First Team Goalkeeping Coach who will oversee all Goalkeepers within our Women’s First Team. All training sessions and games will be held within the club’s state of the art facilities based at the ORIAM. Squads will train three or four evenings a week depending on the squad with games at the weekend.
The football club have demonstrated their willingness to create and develop an elite female youth pathway which offers unrivalled opportunities for girls to reach their full potential. Players will be developed within an elite training environment with expert coaching and support staff surrounded by the world class facilities and expert resource.
We aim to recruit a passionate, enthusiastic and committed Coach to oversee the goalkeepers within our women’s first team; an exciting opportunity for any professional coach who is keen to develop first team goalkeepers on what will be an exciting journey as we look to establish with the other first team coaches an elite successful Women’s First Team.
- Implement the coaching programmes for the women’s first team, documenting session plans prior to the delivery of training sessions and reflecting and evaluating post-session
- Ensure that all individual and team learning objectives link to the Academy Principles of Play and Hearts Position Specific Criteria
- Liaise with Girls Academy and Women’s Team Manager as well as other members of the coaching staff regarding coaching programmes and individual player development
- Where necessary liaise with other departments (Medical, Sport Science) regarding coaching programmes and individual player development
- Develop and maintain a positive learning environment to maximise each players’ learning potential in line with the requirements of the Coach Competency Framework
- Ensure adequate records are kept in relation to coaching programmes and sessions and player assessments through the Academy Online system
- Attend relevant departmental football meetings as requested to ensure appropriate departmental communication, planning and evaluation
The successful candidate will:
- UEFA B Goalkeeping License or equivalent
- Valid First Aid qualification
- Excellent communication skills
- Willingness to go through and meet the criteria of the Protection of Vulnerable Groups (PVG) application
- Proven experience of working with first team goalkeepers
- Demonstrate a strong team work ethic with a can-do attitude, proven professionalism and excellent timekeeping.
- UEFA B License or equivalent
- Experience of Girls / Women’s football
- Proven experience of working within an Elite First Team environment.
How to apply:
If you think that you are suitable for the position and meet the above criteria above, please send a CV and Covering letter (outlining your relevant Coaching experience & qualifications and why you are interested in this role) to the HR Department on: email@example.com
Closing Date: 5pm on 22nd September 2019