JOIN OUR TEAM!
Our vision at The Pars Foundation is that we provide the vital support needed to improve life chances across our communities.
Would you like to join us and be part of the team that delivers that vision? Are you passionate about empowering people to improve their lives?
The Pars Foundation wishes to recruit a Health and Wellbeing Development Manager. This is a great opportunity for a highly skilled, professional, committed, and creative individual to join our expanding community team.
The person appointed to this post will lead the development and delivery of a range of health and wellbeing initiatives which are designed to meet the needs of our communities. They will work with a range of partners and agencies to develop and deliver a range of programmes and activities which will enable people to live more active, healthy and aspirational lives. They will work in a team with our other development managers to support the Foundation’s wider community activities and events.
Job Title: Health & Wellbeing Development Manager
Reports To: The Pars Foundation General Manager
Location: KDM East End Park
Contract: Full time (37.5 Hours Per Week) Flexibility is expected and due to the nature of the post some evening and weekend work
Job Purpose: The Health and Wellbeing Development Manager will play a vital role in developing and coordinating the delivery of a range of health and wellbeing initiatives in line with The Pars Foundation mission, vision and values. This position involves collaborating with a range of partners and agencies, including physical and mental health professionals, local council officials and groups and community organisations. The postholder’s primary goal is to develop and deliver accessible and comprehensive health and wellbeing provision for our community members.
Candidates should have experience of developing and delivering successful health and wellbeing programmes which have had a positive impact on peoples’ lives. Candidates should also be able to demonstrate effective partnership working in previous roles.
The post of Health and Wellbeing Manager has a very competitive salary which will be regularly reviewed in line with our performance and review structure.
The postholder will also qualify for the following benefits:
- A generous pension.
- Mileage allowance and free on-site parking (non-matchday)
- Access to bespoke CPD from our partners including, SPFL Trust, SFA, NHS Scotland and other key partners.
- Company laptop
- Pars Foundation staff kit appropriate to this role.
- Invitations to DAFC club events
- DAFC Season Ticket
Are you eligible?
To be eligible for shortlisting a candidate must meet the essential criteria (listed below)
How To Apply:
If you meet the essential criteria (as a minimum) and are interested in applying, please send your CV and a covering letter addressed to Kelly Armstrong by email Kelly@parsfoundation.co.uk or post marked “private and confidential”, to Kelly Armstrong, General Manager, The Pars Foundation, KDM Group East End Park, Halbeath Road, Dunfermline, KY12 7RB.
Closing Date for applications: FRIDAY 24th NOVEMBER
Please note that the job will be subject to satisfactory references and PVG membership scheme
We are a diverse organisation that respects differences in race, disability, gender identity, sexual orientation, faith, background, or personal circumstance, and we welcome all suitable applications. We strive to ensure that everyone feels valued and included and can fulfil their full potential. The Pars Foundation is opposed to any form of discrimination and commits itself to the redress of any inequality by taking positive action as appropriate.
Job Title: Health and Wellbeing Development Manager
Reports To: General Manager
Location: KDM Group, East End Park, Halbeath Road, Dunfermline KY12 7RB. Some Travel Locations in Dunfermline and West Fife
Hours: Full Time 37.5 per week. Flexibility is expected and due to the nature of the post, occasional evening and weekend work be necessary
Primary Job Purpose: To lead the development and delivery of a range of Pars Foundation Health and Wellbeing programmes and initiatives, which will bring lasting benefits and will improve lives for those living in our communities.
Duties & Responsibilities
Note: The duties and responsibilities attached to this post may vary from time to time without changing the general character of duties or the level of responsibility entailed
- Work with the General Manager and the Board of Trustees to expand and further develop the ‘Health and Well Being Communities’ pillar of the Pars Foundation.
- Build up an in-depth knowledge / profile of our communities, their needs and current provision to meet those needs.
- Develop and deliver a range of health and wellbeing initiatives and projects to address the identified needs and gaps in provision within our communities.
- Build effective partnerships with a range of local, regional, and national agencies, healthcare providers, and community organisations.
- Work within these partnerships to develop and deliver programmes and access resources which have a real and lasting impact in meeting local and regional health and wellbeing priorities and objectives.
- Work with the General Manager and other Foundation staff to Identify funding needs and opportunities and to develop funding bids which facilitate the growth of the Healthy Communities pillar and the support it provides.
- Recruit a range of staff and volunteers to support the growing range of Pars Foundation health and wellbeing programmes and initiatives. Work with the General Manager to develop a programme of employee development and review to support all employees and volunteers and to ensure professionalism and consistency of approach across all health and wellbeing programmes and initiatives.
- Collaborate with schools, workplaces, and community organisations to implement a range of health awareness campaigns and initiatives.
- Regularly identify and share good news stories and case studies to celebrate participant achievements and project impact.
- Ensure best practice linked to the Foundation’s policies and procedures, particularly safeguarding, equality and diversity and health and safety to provide the best and safest possible environment for participants.
- Represent the Pars Foundation at a range of events and meetings with local authorities, SFA, SPFL Trust, NHS Fife, etc to foster positive relationships with key partners, to increase the success of our programmes and to promote the role of the Pars Foundation across our communities.
- Provide regular feedback to the General Manager and prepare reports for the Board of Trustees to update them about the development and progress of health and wellbeing programmes and initiatives.
- Work in partnership with other development managers to support all Pars Foundation community programmes and initiatives.
- A Degree or relevant qualification (in a relevant subject area)
- Current First Aid Certificate (or willingness to update)
- Current Safeguarding certificate (or willingness to update)
- Mental Health First Aider certificate
- SFA Qualifications and or physical activity qualifications
- FFIT and other SPFL wellbeing trainer qualifications
Knowledge and Experience
- Experience of working in the health and wellbeing and or social care sector or within the health and wellbeing arm of a community foundation
- Experience of programme design, delivery, and impact measurement.
- An in-depth knowledge of healthy eating, physical activity and healthy lifestyles and experience of promoting health and well-being programmes
- Experience of writing development plans, work programmes, reports, etc.
- Experience of designing and working towards performance targets
- An ability to build relationships and work collaboratively with a range of partners
- Knowledge of the funding system and experience of completing funding applications.
- A proven understanding of the SPFL Trust and the Pars Foundations strategic aims and objectives
- Practical experience of managing information operating systems, including monitoring, evaluation, and quality assurance frameworks.
- Ability to work in a non-discriminatory manner, in accordance with the Pars Foundation’s Equality and Diversity policy
- Ability to lead on ensuring equality, diversity and inclusivity are embedded into all health and wellbeing programmes
Skills and Competences
- Ability to educate and inspire people to make positive choices to improve their lives
- Ability to communicate with all potential contacts (staff, managers, public of all ages) whilst presenting a professional image
- Ability to ensure the delivery of effective and safe activities that fulfil project objectives and meet clients’ needs
- Ability to engage, motivate, inspire, and mentor people to achieve their goals
- Excellent level of ICT literacy and knowledge of Microsoft packages e.g., Word, Excel, Teams and Outlook
- Commitment to ensuring the provision of exceptional customer care
- Ability to engage with people from all backgrounds and to communicate the vision and values of the Pars Foundation appropriately and professionally
- Flexibility to occasionally work outside normal working hours e.g., evenings and weekends to meet the needs of the community
- Must hold a full UK driving license and have access to own transport
Other Qualities and Behaviours
- Is consistently professional and approachable, with excellent communication skills.
- Works well as part of a team, whilst also able to work individually and autonomously
- Is self-driven and motivated with a desire to make a real difference to people’s lives and within the local community
- Is dynamic, hardworking and enthusiastic. Works to consistently high standards and always looks for ways to improve.
- Proactive decision maker who adopts creative approaches and solves problems.
- Shows ability and commitment to achieving objectives within agreed timescales.
- Sets personal goals and evaluates own progress. Is receptive to feedback about own behaviours, strengths, and areas for improvement.
- Displays a high level of confidentiality
- Demonstrates flexibility and willingness to learn